Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Sons of Molly Maguire by Mark Bulik


The Sons of Molly Maguire:The Irish Roots of America's First Labor War


Mark Bulik

Rating and Recommendation

Rating: 3 teacups

Recommendations: Only for Scholars of Irish           
                                         History

Book Club Worthy: No

Review

I was so excited to see this title as I am part Irish, and love Irish history, politics and come from a labor family. This fits in a very rare category for me. I could not finish this book. I wanted to very much, however, there was just too many history facts jumbled together in such a way that the prose did not flow enough that the average history buff would enjoy this book. 

It is my strong belief that as a College Text or a Reference in Academia it would be a 4 and an excellent reference with many facts. So my recommendation would be no for the casual Irish history fan. If you are an Irish Academic or need an Irish Text than this is your book.


Disclosures

*I would like to thank Fordham University Press via NetGALLEY for giving me an unreleased copy for an honest and fair review.

If you buy this book through the above link money is generated, however, donated to the non-profit American Association of University Women (AAUW). 

www.aauw.org

AAUW works empowering women, since 1881, standing up for causes in the areas of educational, social, economic and political issues especially important to women. Marie Currie was one of the first beneficiaries of the group that would become AAUW receiving monetary help to attend college. I am a proud member and believe that the profit from books seems a fitting donation.


No comments:

Post a Comment