Thursday, October 30, 2014

Draw Me In by Regina Cole





Draw Me In
Regina Cole

Rating and Recommendation

Rating: 3 1/2 teacups

Recomendations: Yes, with the caveat that it 
                                     will only appeal to the 
                                     Adult Romance crowd who 
                                     want a quick fast fun read.

Book Club Worthy: Only to an Adult Romance 
                                        group.

Review

This is a difficult review for me as I would give this novel a 3 ½ if I could. I actually loved the concept of the plot, it has so much possibility for greatness. Some of the pieces felt like they were just thrown in to let the story of Neill and Hailey play out. I think the story was a fun quick read, however, I wanted to know more and have the characters and the plot filled in a little more. Instead of the roommate, mostly gone, I would rather know more about the advisor. More background on both main characters would help fill this novel out. While I did enjoy the book, it just left me wanting more, not in a good way. If you are a fan of Adult Romance and want a little angst, a touch of mystery, and a happy ending, here is a fast and fun read. I do recommend this novel for the above group(s). I even like it and the plot enough, even with the 3 ½ rating, that I would like to read another novel with either less plot twists, or a longer novel and a touch more depth to main characters by Cole.

Disclosures

*I would like to thank Random House Publish Group - Loveswept via NetGALLEY for giving me an unreleased copy for an honest and fair review.

If you buy this book through the above link money is generated, however, donated to the non-profit American Association of University Women (AAUW). 

www.aauw.org

AAUW works empowering women, since 1881, standing up for causes in the areas of educational, social, economic and political issues especially important to women. Marie Currie was one of the first beneficiaries of the group that would become AAUW receiving monetary help to attend college. I am a proud member and believe that the profit from books seems a fitting donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment