Sunday, November 16, 2014

Blood Assassin (The Sentinels Book 2) by Alexandra Ivy




Blood Assassin
The Sentinels Book 2
Ivy Alexander

Rating and Recommendation


Rating: 4 1/2 teacups

Recommendation: Yes

Book Club Worthy: Yes, in its Genre


Review

Fane’s on his way to Tibet until Valhalla finds out Serra is missing. Once Serra is found will she left behind in Valhalla or will she accompany him to Tibet?


I had a hard time rating this book. As I am a fan of Alexandra Ivy and I enjoyed the book, but I was left wanting more. I would have liked a little more depth to the characters and couple other things made me makethat decision. The characters were by no means one dimensional and the other quibbles did not make me hate the book, they just would have enhanced it and made it a 5 star novel. I ended up giving it a 4 with the caveat that if I could it would be a 4 ½ and will rated as such on my personal website.

Even though the book was a pleasurable read overall, there were places that the story did drag a little action wise. It almost seemed as it was wordier than actionable in the reading at a few places. It did take me a little bit to get into the story, but not too long.

On the other hand I think the premise of the series and the plot of the story is wonderful. I even think this book can be a standalone. I like that very much about the novel. As you can see there are a few things that would keep me from giving it a 5, but nothing that would keep me from recommending it. Ivy fans might go either way and not think my dislikes and disagree they are a problem at all or may just agree. So for some of you that do not want more as I did, you will be pleasantly pleased, the rest of you will be happy also as it is a good read.

Reading the first book in the Series, Born of Blood, does give more information on all of the characters and I do recommend reading it before this novel.

Alright, if you love Sentinel Series (not required as can standalone), romance, sci-fi, paranormal, mystery and thriller Alexandra Ivy has done it again.




Disclosures

*I would like to thank Kensington Books via NetGALLEY for giving me an unreleased copy for an honest and fair review.

If you buy this book through the above link money is generated, however, donated to the non-profit American Association of University Women (AAUW).

www.aauw.org

AAUW works empowering women, since 1881, standing up for causes in the areas of educational, social, economic and political issues especially important to women. Marie Currie was one of the first beneficiaries of the group that would become AAUW receiving monetary help to attend college. I am a proud member and believe that the profit from books seems a fitting donation.


No comments:

Post a Comment