Saturday, November 8, 2014

The Life Intended by Kristin Harmel




The Life Intended
Kristin Harmel

Rating and Recommendation

Rating: 4 1/2 teacups

Recommendations: Yes

Book Club Worthy: Yes, it is going on my book
                                        club calendar

Review

After twelve years of being Patrick’s widow, Kate is ready to move on or is she?

Harmel packs quite a punch from the beginning of this, at times, heart wrenching novel (my way of saying you may cry in parts). It seemed to be over quickly as the plot was filled with so much action and indecision for Kate. Once she starts to make her decisions they come quick and fast. The romance is fraught with suspense and it takes a while to know which way to root, or root at all.  

Harmel's wild emotional ride is definitely worth the ride. Even though I gave this book a 4 ½ on my blog I am adding it to the calendar to my book club. I recommend this book highly and only dock ½ star as I think that Kate is a little too weak in the beginning of the novel. So, if you do not mind a little paranormal with some harsh reality both with personal loss and the Foster Care System of New York City spiced with dicey and the best romance ever, this is your book.



Disclosures

*I would like to thank Gallery, Threshold, Pocket Books via NetGALLEY for giving me an unreleased copy for an honest and fair review.


If you buy this book through the above link money is generated, however, donated to the non-profit American Association of University Women (AAUW). 

www.aauw.org


AAUW works empowering women, since 1881, standing up for causes in the areas of educational, social, economic and political issues especially important to women. Marie Currie was one of the first beneficiaries of the group that would become AAUW receiving monetary help to attend college. I am a proud member and believe that the profit from books seems a fitting donation.


No comments:

Post a Comment