Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Wolf with Benefits: Pride Series, Book 8 by Shelly Laurenston


Wolf with Benefits:

Pride Series, Book 8

Shelly Laurenston

Ratings and Recommendations


Ratings: 4 teacups

Recommended: Yes

Book Club Worthy: In genre.

Review

Can Toni break free from her demanding family, full of prodigies, she usually cares for while finding a career separate from the Jean-Louis Parker jackals lives?  Will Ricky Lee Reed be able to keep Toni safe while she performs her new job long enough for him to convince her she should be his mate, once he admits it to himself…?

This is book eight in the pride series and I am slightly disappointed in this one. I am giving it a 4 out of 5 for a couple of reasons. It seems that the romance between Toni and Ricky Lee is almost an afterthought compared to the rest of the series couples. Another problem that I have with this novel is that the plot is all over the place and seems to be too ambitious. There are too many things going on that the love story of Toni and Ricky got lost somewhere. 

It still has all the great characters from the Pride Series, well written and witty parts you come to expect from Laurenston.  I think it just has too many past character interaction. I would have liked to see more of the sexy naughty bits between Ricky Lee and Toni. And, yes, there can be too much intrigue to distract from the main story. Maybe even some less in depth in the Jean-Louis Parker siblings. Perhaps it is important to future storylines, but I would like to have seen less here and maybe more in the future if necessary. It just felt forced into the plot. These two major exceptions for me kept it from being the 5 I would like to have given a novel in a series I have completely love and would recommend. I still recommend this book, I am just saying it is not the best book in the series. Who knows, you may be just fine with my pick observations and will find it just perfect. It is still a good read. This novel could work as a standalone.

Are you into shifter novels? Have you followed the Pride series? Do you want your romance to be witty and smart? Do you like steamy sexy adult romance novels? This is your novel then. 

Disclosures

*I would like to thank Kensington Books via NetGALLEY for giving me an unreleased copy for an honest and fair review.

If you buy this book through the above link money is generated, however, donated to the non-profit American Association of University Women (AAUW). 

www.auww.org

AAUW works empowering women, since 1881, standing up for causes in the areas of educational, social, economic and political issues especially important to women. Marie Currie was one of the first beneficiaries of the group that would become AAUW receiving monetary help to attend college. I am a proud member and believe that the profit from books seems a fitting donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment